The Supplemental Demand Response Programme offers you an opportunity to partner with Eskom to mitigate power system constraints.
Eskom will compensate customers who qualify to participate and are able to reduce load.
- Minimum load entry level: The greatest of 500kW or 15% of the average MW demand of the plant.
- 150 load reduction event days per annum.
- Customers will be required to reduce load for two hours when requested.
- Customers will be notified to be on standby by 15:00 (the day before)
- Customers will receive a minimum 30 minute notification to reduce load.
- A capacity payment for the number of hours scheduled to be on standby (the following day).
- An energy payment for energy not consumed as requested by Eskom
Email email@example.com for more information.
Meet with an Eskom representative at your premises to facilitate your participation.
Sign a standard legal agreement with Eskom.
Register as an Eskom vendor to enable you to receive payment.
Click here for a printable brochure
Note: Verification on metering will be carried out to ensure that successful monitoring and communication between your meter and Eskom will enable your participation in the programme.
Contracts are renewed on an annual basis.
For more information, email Eskom at