Having a clear understanding of the potential positive impact of load optimisation and how it can maximise your business's output required you to gather energy use intelligence, for example:
- Understanding your electrical systems and associated manufacturing processes.
- Knowing your energy needs.
- Recognising where and when your energy is used for any given period.
- Investigating the latest technologies and process developments for your operation.
- Analysing how to reduce your energy investment costs e.g. new supply points.
- Considering how your energy use patterns can be shifted from peak to off-peak time-of-use periods and/or standard periods.
- Consider how your seasonal energy use patterns can be managed.
- Managing the constraints on your systems to optimise energy usage.
Eskom's Energy Advisors specialise in assisting customers to gather intelligence and understand their energy needs, which help to:
- Determine how much additional capacity you need in a specific operation; and
- How to restructure or trim your current demand to free up capacity to grow you operation.
Opportunities for load optimisation
- Regular maintenance and improved system design: Wear and tear and lack of maintenance can cause your systems to become inefficient - a load profile audit can help you to identify potential areas of improvement as well as possible upgrade options.
More efficient systems: A load profile audit can help you to identify opportunities where installing or retrofitting energy efficient technologies can help to free up capacity. Read more>>> on Solution summary.