Steps of the implementation process?
1. Customers will be informed of the roll out of the
Smart Prepaid Meters Programme.
2. Meter audits will be conducted at households in
Sandton and Midrand.
3. Installation of the smart prepaid split meters will commence in March
4. Conversion dates will be communicated to the customers
5. Remote Conversion will be done and thereafter customer
will be able to purchase prepaid electricity
When will installation start?
Installation of the
prepaid smart meters will start from 1 March 2016.
Can I choose the date and time of the installation?
No, the installation
date has been scheduled according to the rollout plan. Eskom will contact each
customer closer to the time of their installation.
Smart Prepayment Metering Project Phases
The project is divided into phases:
Phase 1A – 10 000 Smart Prepaid Meters to be installed in Midrand and Sandton
Customers will be notified about the installation in the area and Customer
Interface Unit (CIU) will be handed out. The CIU can be plugged in a convenient
location in the house.
This phase is anticipated to be completed by 31 May 2016.
Phase 1B – Converting of customers to prepaid
This phase will start in June 2016.