Complete your connection application form.
Deliver it, together with all the required supporting documentation, to an Eskom Customer Service Hub closest to you or e-mail it to CustomerServices@eskom.co.za – ensure that you get a reference number.
Eskom will do the following:
- Do a site visit at your home to plan the connection – the Eskom Call Centre will contact you telephonically or via sms to arrange a date and time for the site visit.
- Select the appropriate line / cable route.
- Compile a technical design for the connection.
- Determine the ideal position for your prepaid meter and customer interface unit (it is usually installed in the kitchen).
- Calculate the costs of your connection.
Generally, the above-listed activities will be completed within 30 days of your application. However, the time required varies and depends on:
- The scope of work; and
- Whether a way-leave agreement needs to be concluded under which a property owner gives Eskom the right to install infrastructure through or over his or her property to get an electricity connection to your home.
Call 08600 37566 should you wish to enquire about progress in regard to the above – give the Call Centre your reference number whenever you make an enquiry.
Eskom supplies you with a quote.
The time required to compile a quote varies and depends on the scope of work. Generally, you should receive a quote within 30 days of your application, which is normally valid for three months.
Depending on your unique circumstances, the quote will list charges payable and include the following documentation:
- Letter of acceptance.
- Eskom supply agreement.
- Annexure A: Standard conditions of supply.
- Annexure B: Tariff information.
Ensure that your quote includes copies of Annexures A and B – the terms and conditions in these annexures form an integral part of your electricity supply agreement with Eskom.
- Call 08600 37566 should you wish to enquire about progress in regard to your quote or, if you have received a quote, need clarity about information in the quote – give the Call Centre your reference number whenever you make an enquiry.
You have 30 days from the date on the quote to either accept or reject it.
If you are happy with everything you need to accept the quote by signing a) the letter of acceptance, b) the electricity supply agreement and c) a copy of the standard conditions of supply (Annexure A) and returning all to the address in the quote.
Eskom will return the signed agreement to you and issue you with an account number.
- The connection charge stipulated in your quote is payable upon acceptance of the quote. This charge varies depending on the size and phase of your supply.
- Payments can be made at First National Bank, EasyPay offices or via EFT (electronic funds transfer) – information about these payment options is provided in the quote.
The quicker you indicate whether you accept the quote, the quicker Eskom can proceed with the construction of the connection.
Construction of the connection.
You can normally expect construction work to be completed within three months from the date of receipt of all your relevant documentation and payments or as specified in the quote. The construction period varies depending on the scope of work and government statutory requirements specific to your supply.
(The Eskom Call Centre will contact you telephonically or via sms to request access to your property on specific dates and times to do the construction.)
- Call 08600 37566 to find out when construction will start and be completed – give the Call Centre your reference number whenever you make an enquiry.
Switching on your connection.
You can expect a courtesy call from Eskom for feedback on and assistance with any outstanding issues after completion of the installation in your home. An Eskom official will be available to assist you during the connection process.
- Call 08600 37566 to report any problem or difficulties after the connection process – give the Call Centre your reference number.