Power Alert converts electricity demand data into status levels which are then communicated to the public.
- The Power Alert makes use of real-time data and takes into account historical loads, current real-time loads, weather conditions, supply and network conditions.
- This data is interpreted to generate the applicable colour-coded status level indicators.
- The television broadcasting media (SABC 1,2,3) will communicate the information to residential consumers on week days during the evening peak periods of 5-9 pm.
Power alert messages:
- The message communicated by Power Alert informs the viewer of the status of the electricity supply system and provides energy-saving measures to address the particular situation.
- Four status levels have been identified with specific call-to-action measures as indicated below:
Green stable – indicates that the grid is stable and we thank the public for using electricity wisely.