What does Palmiet pumped storage scheme offer?
- Interactive models and informative displays demonstrating how electricity is generated.
- Magnificent backlit photographs showcasing the unique fynbos plant kingdom and Eskom's efforts to protect the environment.
- A well equipped auditorium where knowledgeable and experienced presenters introduce visitors to Eskom, the Generation Division and the power generating process at Palmiet Power Station
Power station and site:
- Guided tours of the power station where the two pump/turbines have been installed 25 storeys underground
- Engineering features including the 60 m high surge tank - one of the largest in the world.
- A tour of the rehabilitated fynbos areas which earned Palmiet recognition as a forerunner in environmental engineering.
Telephone: +27 21 8592690
Palmiet Visitors Centre
Mon - Thurs: 08:00 - 16:30
Friday: 08:00 - 12:00
Closed on Public Holidays
Tours are by appointment only