Application and adjudication process
Applicants are able to submit an online application or fill out an entry form and submit it by
email. This is followed by two rounds of adjudication to select the winners and runners-up.
First round adjudication: Following the submission of all entries our panel of adjudicators
review the businesses entered and draw up a short list of successful entrants.
Second round adjudication: All short listed businesses are invited to Johannesburg to make a
presentation to a panel of adjudicators about their business and showcase why they are deserving
of the prize. At this second round of adjudication all applicants are interviewed by a team of
Awards: All finalists are invited to Johannesburg where the overall winner and category winners
are announced, after which they all exhibit as part of their prizes, at the annual Business
Entrepreneurship and Franchise Expo.
Business Entrepreneurship and Franchise Expo: Following the BIC Awards all finalists remain in
Johannesburg for 5 days to attend and exhibit at the Business Entrepreneurship and Franchise
Expo as well as attended several business training workshops.
To enter online visit: www.eskombic.co.za or
enter by email or fax: Call Nqobile Dlamini on 011 544 1900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Entries for the competition opens in April
Who may enter?
- Registered, South African, black-owned small or medium enterprises that:
- Have been in operation for 24 months or longer
- Operate in any of the nine provinces, and
- Operate within one of the following sectors:
What documents are needed?
- 3 Year Business Plan from current year
- 3 YearMarketing Plan from current year
- Copy of business registration certificate
- Copy of partnership / joint venture agreement (if applicable)
- Copy of latest audited financial statements, if (Pty) (if applicable)
- Copy of VAT certificate (if applicable)
- Copy of SARS tax clearance certificate
- Copy of employee tax registration certificate
- Copy of UIF registration certificate (if applicable)
- Copy of COID registration (if applicable)
- Copy of identity documnet/s of owner/s
- Copy of latest bank statement, and
- Map and/or directions to business premises, even if business operating from home/GPS
- Marketing material/photographic