MONDAY, 11 OCTOBER 2021: Theft of protection cables at Hennenman Rural Substation in the Free State has led to a loss of electricity supply to 6 428 Eskom customers since 06h00 this morning.
Supply to Hennenman town and Mmamahabane is being backfed and residents of these areas are therefore not impacted.
The affected areas are:
- Phomolong Township, including Bahale
- Hennenman Rural Samore
- Hennenman Rural Rietgat
- Hennenman Rural Ventersburg
- Hennenman Rural Motseki Village
- A few businesses in Ventersburg
It is estimated that supply should be restored this evening.
Eskom condemns these criminal acts that lead to vast financial losses for Eskom and inconvenience to our customers. We apologise for the inconvenience and assure customers that the repairs are being attended to with the required urgency.
Electricity users are urged to treat all electrical lines, sockets and appliances as live and dangerous.
Customers can contact Eskom through any of the following channels:
- To report power outages, please use Alfred our Chatbot https://alfred.eskom.co.za/chatroom/
- For account balances, submitting of meter readings and to report power outages, please use the MyEskom Customer App (download for Android or for IOS) or use our CS Online platform, www.csonline.co.za.
- For all other enquiries, including application related, account related, disconnection and credit related service requests, please submit your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order for us to effectively assist you, please provide us with your account or meter number, two contact numbers and a description of your request.